Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Arena pick up?

Options
  • 05-11-2017 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

My daughter and wife are attending Little Mix concert in 3 Arena on Mon night. I hope to pick them up by car afterwards. Is it possible to get anywhere near the venue to pick up by car at the end of the night? I'm open to all options - even get them to walk across East Link etc. We're heading to Galway afterwards so hoping to avoid delays where possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭ebbsy

leex wrote: »
    My daughter and wife are attending Little Mix concert in 3 Arena on Mon night. I hope to pick them up by car afterwards. Is it possible to get anywhere near the venue to pick up by car at the end of the night? I'm open to all options - even get them to walk across East Link etc. We're heading to Galway afterwards so hoping to avoid delays where possible.

If ye walk accross the East link and go in a straight line you could pick them up a minute later in Ringsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭leex

ebbsy wrote: »
    If ye walk accross the East link and go in a straight line you could pick them up a minute later in Ringsend.

Is the traffic moving freely towards the tunnel at that hour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

leex wrote: »

Yeah, it will be grand. Best option is to pick them up on Sheriff Street, then you can just turn left at the bottom of the street and you're basically at the entrance to the tunnel.
    There's a bar called the Green Room (part of the Liffey Trust studios) there if you want a landmark to meet at.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I've picked up after a gig before and the traffic isn't as bad as you might imagine. I was early and managed to park about halfway between the Convention Centre and the Arena and then U-turn and get away easily enough.

I guess Little Mix may have a younger crowd, so more parent pickups like yourself, but i wouldn't be afraid of driving towards the arena

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement