Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gta Vice City Ps2 long loading times

Options
  • 05-11-2017 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I just bought a secondhand copy of gta vice city but when i play it,it loads slowly when i walk into a building or save.What do you think could be the issue,the disk has light scratches and one major scratch but the game runs fine otherwise.I have a slim ps2 scph 70003

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Could be the scratch or the laser.
    Any chance of testing it in another PS2 console?
    Or get the disk resurfaced?

A clue might be if the console is making a racket during the delay, the sound of a laser seeking.
    Also, if this is the only game it is doing this on, then it is almost certainly the disk.

Perhaps it'd be cheaper again to check out the Sunday markets for a cheap copy in better condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Cool2015

Yeah this and the simpsons road rage are the only games that load slowly,I guess both games have the same amount of scratches on them.I don't know if I should return it or not as otherwise the game is working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Is it possible the game loads slower than you remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You can install the game to a HD for vastly improved load times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You can install the game to a HD for vastly improved load times.

on a ps2? if only!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

on a ps2? if only!

You can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkIGXXPPHvs

Need the network adapter thing tho.

I had Ico, SOTC etc installed on mine and the load times were much faster.

it has an additional bonus that cannot be spoken about here.

I had vice city a couple of years ago and I don't remember how long it took to load but that disc stopped working so I don't exactly remember.I bought this from cex and I brought it back today.They told me the disc did have a few scratches but is fine.It might be my PS2 as it was gathering dust in my attic for a while.Before buying the game I did get it resurfaced from cex and as I said it does work fine otherwise.The startup loading time is OK but when I save or enter a safehouse it takes more than 30 seconds to load.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

You can.

Arrr, I get your drift matey!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You can.

Yup, I've that in my TEST PS2, but I've yet to use it.
    200+ physical games for the machine I've little use for back ups.

I got the disc changed and resurfaced but this one has a minimal amount of light scratches on it.The problem is that my PS2 is in Ireland while I'm in the UK and I have bought this game in the UK.I don't know if I should go back to the shop and ask them to change the disc for me and give me one with less scratches or one in better condition.This is a platinum disc so the front has scratches as well.There is no point in returning it as a few weeks after I bought the game the price was reduced and cex only give the current value of the game if you return it though there is a 24 month warranty which applies like this:

2 Days Goodwill return - If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, we will happily refund it to voucher within 2 days of purchase.

30 Days Statutory Refund Policy - If your item has developed a fault that has occurred through no fault of your own, provided it’s returned with a receipt and we can verify the fault, we can offer a full refund to the original payment method, repair/ replace the item, or exchange it for something else of equal value.

24 Month warranty on all items (except consumables) - Outside of the 30 day period, if your item develops a fault through no fault of your own, we will verify the fault and then aim to repair/ replace the item. In the event, this isn't possible - we will refund to the original payment method at the original sales value provided the item is returned within 6 months from the date of purchase. If this occurs after 6 months from the date of purchase, then we will refund as per the current sales value or original sales value of the item (whichever is the lower).

I bought the game on 15/10/17.

• Advertisement
Advertisement