Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&R Secret Santa 2017 - Now with extra maple!

Options
  • 04-11-2017 4:21pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's that time of year again!

I know you're all still probably waiting to wash those sheets stained with cheap pound shop face paint and a misplaced garlic cheese chip from Halloween night but Christmas is around the corner and that means Secret Santa time! Now in it's 5th/6th year (yes, you're old!) the A&R secret santa is a great way to get some gifts this year you actually want. How do I take part, you ask? Simple! Just post below if you want in and using a highly complicated process that I've developed over the years I'll match you with someone. It's like blind date, but better! I'll then PM you with the deets and you pick out a gift fir your recipient. The exchange of gifts is usually done at the christmas beers but if you can't attend then you would post out the gift.

Should you require an address for posting PM me and I'll get it so as not to ruin the surprise. For this year, in the interest of fairness, if you are going to post I'd ask that once you've packaged everything up, send me a pic of your package (not that kind of package) before you post so that I know it's being sent.

Also if you could include in your reply to this thread the types of genres/items you're interested in that would be great so as your santa has an idea for some gifts. As Christmas can be an expensive time of year there is a 20 Euro suggested limit and handmade gifts are always welcome.

Closing date for entries will be the 11th of November to allow for time to get gifts and for postage please post out ASAP to ensure christmas delivery and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

~Have fun and a Merry Christmas and a happy new year from your resident Canadian imposter!~

34q2s6s.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Of course I'm in. Will do up a list of ideas later on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm in!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm in!
    I'm already in the Santa frame of mind!
    Beard and all!

15542036_10209897100216770_7254822787420281365_n.jpg?oh=7013a80f4cd6122d5f16bc780b0095b2&oe=5A702BB8

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Apologies for the delay, I’ve been very busy hanging out with drake and the weeknd in all the Toronto hot spots. Any more takers for the secret Santa? It’s very fun, I promise!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, come on you lot, join in!
    Even if you can't make the Beers, and if you can't what is wrong with you, you can take part!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

OK I'm in again this year, Only spotted the thread now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think we’ll give this years SS a miss. It’ll take a break this year and come back better than ever next year, just like oxegen, but with less people puking on your tent at 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I think we’ll give this years SS a miss. It’ll take a break this year and come back better than ever next year, just like oxegen, but with less people puking on your tent at 3am.
    That's a pity, maybe give one more push over the weekend and post on general discussion to say it won't go ahead over the lack of interest? Maybe they forgot about it?
    If thats disappointing we could do a lucky dip at the beers, everyone bring something in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ahh lads!

Advertisement