Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private health insurance in public hospital

Options
  • 03-11-2017 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering about this in a general sense not just in relation to my own situation. I know the insurance companies recommended that their customers don't sign the form saying they have private health insurance in a public hospital unless they are going to benefit from it as they're being hit with huge bills by public hospitals for bed charges etc.

Is this also the case for day cases?

E.g. My daughter was admitted to a public hospital for four nights last month... our health insurance covered the €100 A&E fee plus a private room so obviously we signed the form and gave the insurance details. She has to have a follow up daycase procedure in a different public hospital so is there any benefit for daycases to give details?

Advertisement