Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

El Chapo

Options
  • 03-11-2017 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭

Don't see a thread on this
    One of Netflix latest, humm, dubbed which I hate, just give us the Spanish-we can read subtitles you know.

Aside from that it's like Narcos,without the heavy hit. We are introduced to El Chapo,hes a lower level lad that does a big thing episode one then the next 5 episodes are about the fuzz catching up with him...firing money around but no sense of what it's all for
    A poor man's Narcos IMO, I feel invested now but turns out there Are 4 more episodes yet to air on NF.
    Am travelling with work at the moment and have the next few downloaded so will probably stick with

Will let ye know if it gets better, for now it's a 4/10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Don't see a thread on this
    One of Netflix latest, humm, dubbed which I hate, just give us the Spanish-we can read subtitles you know.

Aside from that it's like Narcos,without the heavy hit. We are introduced to El Chapo,hes a lower level lad that does a big thing episode one then the next 5 episodes are about the fuzz catching up with him...firing money around but no sense of what it's all for
    A poor man's Narcos IMO, I feel invested now but turns out there Are 4 more episodes yet to air on NF.
    Am travelling with work at the moment and have the next few downloaded so will probably stick with

Will let ye know if it gets better, for now it's a 4/10

The original audio is available as well isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Trombones

Watching season 3

They could reasonably have titled it the "manhunt for el chapo"

Not bad as these chase dramas go but tedious enough when you're halfway through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Just finished season 2 which I thought was epic. Action packed from start to finish. I'm watching in spanish with subs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Just finished season 1. Not as good as the Narcos series, but alright. Had to laugh at how much his hair grew when he was in solitary for 4 months. He went in with a short cropped haircut and came out with a year's worth of growth.

Just finished season 1. Not as good as the Narcos series, but alright. Had to laugh at how much his hair grew when he was in solitary for 4 months. He went in with a short cropped haircut and came out with a year's worth of growth.

Wait till you get to season 3 :D

I finished it last night. It's decent considering the story is set on real events they need to make the most of. I enjoyed it, definitely would recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

I've watched it all, thought it was really good.

Crazy to think a lot of this is real life in the very recent past.

Conrado Sol is such a great character*
    i was almost disappointed when i googled him after finishing the show to find out he didn't exist but was actually a composite of real life politicians

*don't read the spoiler if you don't want to know

I've watched it all, thought it was really good.

Crazy to think a lot of this is real life in the very recent past.

Conrado Sol is such a great character*
    i was almost disappointed when i googled him after finishing the show to find out he didn't exist but was actually a composite of real life politicians

*don't read the spoiler if you don't want to know

I'm glad now I googled Emma Coronel Aispuro instead :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Yeah decent enough. Thought the theme song was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

First two seasons were fairly high quality, kind of fell off a cliff for the final season...not a patch on Narcos though.

Advertisement