Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A516digital founder in the UK is seriously ill

Options
  • 02-11-2017 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭

Mike, who is founder & editor of the site since 2012, is currently battling pneumonia. He has stood down from his position as editor until further notice.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/11/announcement.html

The site is to continue to release minimal updates which will be carried out from it's volunteers. Various options are being looked at currently to revamp the site in the new year or to close it down for good. I sincerely hope that the site is not permanently closed down because I find it a great resource for media news updates on Irish broadcasting & Free to Air Satellite channels from the UK.

My thoughts are with him, his colleagues & his family at this difficult time. I hope he makes a speedy recovery. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah, that's an awful shame. :( I really hope he pulls through.

His website is a great resource.

Yes, very sad. Hadn’t visited a516 in a couple of weeks. Went in tonight and saw the post. Hope the guy gets well. There was always something interesting to read on the site.

Advertisement