Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning equipment to Eir

Options
  • 02-11-2017 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I recently received a letter stating that my monthly plan is increasing by 6 euro. However it stated that I could choose not to accept this change and could withdraw from my contract if I made contact on or before 28th October. I decided to withdraw and contacted Eir more than a week before the deadline.

On my first call to Eir I was told my last bill would be "around the end of October" and my service would stop on 28th October.I was told I would receive a letter in the post regarding next steps such as details of where to send the modem back. No such letter came so I rang Eir again. This time I was told I won't be receiving a letter and was told to goggle return eir equipment for details of where to send the equipment. I was also told I would not be billed the end of October but would be billed on 12th November with service stopping on 16th or 17th November. When I asked if I would be billed the extra 6 euro, the guy said he didn't know.

So as suggested I googled return eir equipment but the page could not be reached. I searched the eir website to see if it had any information on where to return the equipment, but to no avail.

I rang eir again and this time was told to return the equipment to Eir returns, PO box 12726, Freepost, Dublin 11

My questions are as follows:
    Is the above address correct? I'm assuming I also include a note with my name and account number?

When will I be billed, how much and when will my service stop?

Do I need a code to unlock my phone?

Is there anything else I need to know or do before I can change service providers for internet and mobile?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Regards,
    Sharon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Kismet99 wrote: »
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    I recently received a letter stating that my monthly plan is increasing by 6 euro. However it stated that I could choose not to accept this change and could withdraw from my contract if I made contact on or before 28th October. I decided to withdraw and contacted Eir more than a week before the deadline.

On my first call to Eir I was told my last bill would be "around the end of October" and my service would stop on 28th October.I was told I would receive a letter in the post regarding next steps such as details of where to send the modem back. No such letter came so I rang Eir again. This time I was told I won't be receiving a letter and was told to goggle return eir equipment for details of where to send the equipment. I was also told I would not be billed the end of October but would be billed on 12th November with service stopping on 16th or 17th November. When I asked if I would be billed the extra 6 euro, the guy said he didn't know.

So as suggested I googled return eir equipment but the page could not be reached. I searched the eir website to see if it had any information on where to return the equipment, but to no avail.

I rang eir again and this time was told to return the equipment to Eir returns, PO box 12726, Freepost, Dublin 11

My questions are as follows:
    Is the above address correct? I'm assuming I also include a note with my name and account number?

When will I be billed, how much and when will my service stop?

Do I need a code to unlock my phone?

Is there anything else I need to know or do before I can change service providers for internet and mobile?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Regards,
    Sharon
    Hi Sharon,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

The returns address that you received is correct, you can view more on this here: https://www.eir.ie/equipmentreturns/ . You will need to include your name and account number with this. I'd recommend waiting until your account is closed before sending your equipment back to us.

You would need an unlocking code for your mobile phone. If you meed the criteria on the below link, you will be able to get this code if you give us a ring on 1901.

http://support.eir.ie/webapp.asp?query=unlocked

If you send me your account number and full name in a PM I'll check on your account to see when it's going to close and when you'll stop being billed.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7 flymac

Hi Adam or Eir person, do I return my unused mobile phone to the same address, po box 12726? I cancelled my account a few weeks ago and was told I would get details in the post of where to send my phone but I never received it. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 elaine20247

Hi, I have cancelled my subscription and received the email about returning my Eir equipment. When I click on 'book my return', it says my account number can't be found. How am I supposed to book my return?

Advertisement