Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone ASAP around €200

Options
  • 01-11-2017 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭

My Nexus 5 appears to have finally died. I would order a Chinese phone but the long delivery would be a problem. I need:

5 inch or bigger
    Long battery life

Preferably wireless charging

Around €200

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Same as your phone now, I switched to a Nokia 5, which fits your budget and time frame.

If I was going to do it again? I would spend the extra few quid on the Nokia 6.

Nokia 5 is fine, but the memory is a bit on the small size for Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,868 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

TallGlass wrote: »
    Same as your phone now, I switched to a Nokia 5, which fits your budget and time frame.

If I was going to do it again? I would spend the extra few quid on the Nokia 6.

Nokia 5 is fine, but the memory is a bit on the small size for Android.

Lot to like about the Nokia but battery life & slow charge put me off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Discodog wrote: »
    Lot to like about the Nokia but battery life & slow charge put me off

Haven't had any issues with battery life to be honest, it seems to last quite a bit. But it's all depending on usage.

Charging is slow, but I do it at night so doesn't bother me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,332 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Moto g5s. Slightly over the 200 but I find it one of the best phones I've had

Moto g5s. Slightly over the 200 but I find it one of the best phones I've had

Yes looks good but lots of one star reviews on Amazon. People citing quality issues like buttons falling off & an apparent well know wifi fault

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭homer911

Lots of Chinese phones can be bought from EU Warehouses - have your tried coolicool.com?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

I bought a Xiaomi note 4 from I think gearbest. 200 delivered by DHL from Italy warehouse. Took 2 days from order. Fantastic phone. Next phone I buy will definitely be Xiaomi again.

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4-8531.php

Here are the specs. Mine is 4 ram 64 GB global version

Autochange wrote: »
    https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4-8531.php

Here are the specs. Mine is 4 ram 64 GB global version

That's top of my list. Just looking for the best eu delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

I bought a Xiaomi note 4 from I think gearbest. 200 delivered by DHL from Italy warehouse. Took 2 days from order. Fantastic phone. Next phone I buy will definitely be Xiaomi again.

Hi , have you link to where you ordered it from?
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

maximo31 wrote: »
    Hi , have you link to where you ordered it from?
    Cheers.

https://m.geekbuying.com/item/International-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-3GB-32GB-Smartphon----Gray-381848.html?source=ShareAsale

This is the exact phone. You need to be careful with the edition you buy as some won't work with Irish signal frequencies. This one however is the correct version. From Italy so no customs and quick delivery.

If you do go ahead and buy , when you are setting it up it will ask for your region. Ireland and the UK are not listed so select France. It makes no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I bought the Moto G5 Plus from eGlobal Europe. Took one week for delivery and cost €206. It's a great phone. Very impressed so far.

This is actually be correct link. The previous one was for a 3 g 32gb whereas this one is 4 64gb . Ships from Germany so same postage time frame

https://m.geekbuying.com/item/Offical-Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-4G-64GB-Smartphone---Gray-381149.html

This is actually be correct link. The previous one was for a 3 g 32gb whereas this one is 4 64gb . Ships from Germany so same postage time frame

https://m.geekbuying.com/item/Offical-Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-4G-64GB-Smartphone---Gray-381149.html

What's the shipping cost ?

Discodog wrote: »
    What's the shipping cost ?

Phone was 180. With shipping came to 202 or something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Am in Malaysia and my trusty old Samsung Galaxy S5 is about to give up the ghost (it is 3 years old).

I have been doing some research but not sure what to go for and was hoping some of you phone buffs would have a better idea.

Basically I need:

Dual sim
    Good camera
    Good battery life
    Fast processing
    Lots of room for apps

All for no more than €250

Have been looking at the Xiaomi phones but aan Indian friend said that there may be privacy issues with them and their cloud services but am not sure.

So what are my best options.

I have also looked at the Huawei nova 2i but am not convinced.

Advertisement