Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub recommendations

Options
  • 31-10-2017 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭

I am getting married in Cork in February.

We are looking for a pub in the city centre to have our rollover the following day.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Just looking for a place with finger food, music for about 40 people. We have checked out the thomond and Larry Tompkins, so far.

Any other suggestions. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Deep South maybe ? Much bigger venue
    Or
    Courtyard on the sober lane would be very nice too I'd imagine for the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Deep South? Maybe upstairs in the Oliver Plunkett?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

What do you mean by music? Most bars will be playing music but not everyone would have a live band.

There's tonnes of venues that would serve finger food, but a group your size would almost fill some of them. Are you sure you'll have 40? In my experience people duck out due to kids or other reasons, over do it at the wedding or only turn up for an hour.

For 40 I'd recommend the Courtyard on Sober Lane, Deep South, The Oliver Plunket or Reardens, pretty much in that order.

For 20 - 30 I'd say The Silly Goose, The Woodford, Goldbergs or Sober Lane. All those venues would also take 40 but wouldn't be as big as the above. Again, I'd recommend them pretty much in that order, but there's loads of other places too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I am getting married in Cork in February.

We are looking for a pub in the city centre to have our rollover the following day.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Just looking for a place with finger food, music for about 40 people. We have checked out the thomond and Larry Tompkins, so far.

Any other suggestions. Thanks

There is probably 100 pubs you could choose from, is there anything in particular you are after from the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Deep South and Courtyard on Sober Lane would be solid choices, particularly on nice days. There is probably a better chance of music in Deep South if it's on over the weekend which I presume it is. There is a big screen in the courtyard which shows live sports if that's of any interest to ye.

Would you be in a position to visit Cork and have look before deciding what suits?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tom Barry's......my sister and her husband had there rollover up there and it was great, pizza was beautiful as were the pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Thanks for the suggestions. May make a weekend out of sampling each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

the thomond sweet jaysus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Was in the Oyster Tavern the other day, seemed lovely
    Might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Zico ! wrote: »
    the thomond sweet jaysus

Go on...what is it like?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Go on...what is it like?

as rough as burnt toast

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

Go on...what is it like?

a complete sh1thole

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

The Franciscan Well would be good. Decent beer, plenty of space indoor and covered outdoor and fantastic pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 confusedlady01

Rippy wrote: »
    The Franciscan Well would be good. Decent beer, plenty of space indoor and covered outdoor and fantastic pizza.

This would be my pick too, love the place and such a nice relaxed vibe!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭brevity

Yea, that's where I had my after wedding pints too and it was very good.

Advertisement