Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do now

Options
  • 31-10-2017 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

I registered with aai and have completed a tusla form. I got a reply saying that all files from blackrock are now with tusla and they are going through them
    No time frame given for anything!
    Do I just wait?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

You could write to TUSLA again requesting your non identifying information. Dh got this relatively quickly, giving his original birth name, his mother and fathers first names, ages and the area they came from (as in West of Ireland, so fairly vague). Different offices may vary with the info they give. With the info he got I was able to trace his birth mum. I read the tracing guides from Adoption Rights Alliance and joined their fb page. I also got tips from boards which helped in the search. He was a year waiting for an appointment with a sw, which gave plenty of time to search ourselves.

Do you have any info about your adoption (assuming you were adopted?) Some adoptees know their original first name which in itself can help find their original birth Cert.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Have you requested your non-identifying info from AAI?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Hi
    No I havnt requested it. I will do that next. Thank you

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

AAI tend to respond a bit quicker and they can be a bit more forthcoming with information.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement