Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old radio ad

Options
  • 31-10-2017 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just remembered an old anti-littering ad from the early 00's or thereabouts.

It featured a guy rapping in a thick Dublin accent about his garden - "I'm working in me garden in me garden just me", "I spend all me money in the garden centre", "My wife thinks I'm mad", "In me garden in me garden in me garden".

The narrator then adds in "Wasn't that awful rubbish? But when you think about it, so are most useless wrappers!".

Who remembers this? Even better, is there a link to the audio somewhere online?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I don't remember that but it kind of reminds of that Wood, wood would radio ad which I think was for Woodies and featured similar woefull rapping type delivery. There was a version of it which featured people taking off Hollywood actors and verbal puns involving films that they'd been in, ie "Sharon Stone" and some line about Basic Instinct and someone taking off Arnie as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The wood one was Fleetwood paints.

Advertisement