Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Keyboard LED Colour?

Options
  • 30-10-2017 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭

My XMG gaming laptop used to have a green LED keyboard to go with the rest of the black and green colour scheme but for some reason it decided to turn blue a while back and I cant do anything about it and its driving me crazy!

I usually solve these problems in 5 minutes myself but this one has me completely stumped, what do I do? Every google result is for other brands, mainly Steelseries but thats no good to me, is there a generic LED control app?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Dont suppose anyone has any tips here? Is there no generic LED control app? I spoke to their support but they just tell me to reinstall Windows which I have done multiple times...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

What model XMG laptop is it? Perhaps it's a drivers issue? https://www.mysn.de/driver/1_XMG/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What model XMG laptop is it? Perhaps it's a drivers issue? https://www.mysn.de/driver/1_XMG/
    Oh sorry missed your reply,yeah thats what the tech support guy said aswell, theres a control centre app included in the Hotkey driver apparently but Ive installed it and reinstalled it 10 times now and it does nothing, Ive tried manually updating the keyboard driver by pointing it at the folder containing the driver as well as the standard Installshield Wizard way, it simply refuses to work.

Apparently with that driver installed I should be able to use the Fn key along with the ESC button to bring up the control centre app or various other keys to adjust coulor and brightness levels but nothing happens, Fn with other keys such as Mute, screen on/off, volume etc all work fine, I just dont get it, it used to work.

Is there no generic LED control app? What do people who mod their keyboards use? Surely someones written an app for this at some point?

Advertisement