Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reel-to-reel repair

Options
  • 30-10-2017 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Looking to get a 60s reel to reel repaired, functioning again, and add phono outputs/inputs to it. Any suggestions where this might happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Why do you need Phono I/0 would it not be easier just to have an adapter from the outs already installed?. There is a chap in Longford I'll dig up his details later for you tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Looking to get a R2R serviced .
    Anyone that knows a nice chap with lots of patience and passion, please share it.
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

rolion wrote: »
    Looking to get a R2R serviced .
    Anyone that knows a nice chap with lots of patience and passion, please share it.
    Thanks.
    what make/model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

TroutMask wrote: »
    what make/model?

Do you know something or somebody !?
    Not sure,possible an AKAI.
    Tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cojobt

peter05 wrote: »
    Why do you need Phono I/0 would it not be easier just to have an adapter from the outs already installed?. There is a chap in Longford I'll dig up his details later for you tonight.

Hi peter05, just saw your reply. Your suggestion of an adapter is sound. It didn't occur to me that I'd be able to get one.

Did you manage to find the details of the guy in Longford?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Unfortunately the chap has passed. I had not realized. I can do heavy electronic repairs but to be honest I do have too much to do this side of the summer. If it's just a demag and azimuth reset etc. Try one of the studio in around Dublin. Someone in windmill. If you can get in touch with Jimmy Eadie he might put you in touch with someone.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

rolion wrote: »
    Do you know something or somebody !?
    Not sure,possible an AKAI.
    Tks

I can possibly help you, but need more information. I did a vast amount of analogue tape machine work back in 'the day' :) Currently there's a good amount of tape machine stuff in my production case as I gig regularly with a Roland Space Echo. I can also make any cable configuration: multipin to whatever you like on the other end.

maybe take some photos and PM them to me, i can advise you then, point being: some machines are just not worth the refurbishment effort as they tend to go south again.

Advertisement