Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

video anslysis muay thai lessons

• 29-10-2017 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

anyone do videos of private muay thai lessons in ireland?
    in states i came across this where they would record lessons (similar to golf swing video analysis) where you could look back at your form and technique and see where your mistakes were and also have recording of advise given.
    i'm based in cork but travel a good bit so interested if anyone doing this in ireland???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

As far as I know it's not offered as a service anywhere, I'm sure any instructor would be happy to do it for you if you are happy to pay them.

For what it's worth (I've had 20 or so pro Thai fights and coaching experience) I reckon your time would be better spent getting extra pad work with your 1 to 1 time. A good padman will be correcting you on the fly, telling you what adjustments to make, better foot positioning etc so that you can make those changes immediately. This is far more beneficial than someone telling you after your lesson and you trying to remember for the next time. Just my 2c.

Anyway, there are plenty of excellent coaches in Cork, 'Siam Warriors', 'Cork Thai', 'Spartan Thai', I'd recommend any of those for privates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,613 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Peetrik wrote: »
    I reckon your time would be better spent getting extra pad work with your 1 to 1 time. A good padman will be correcting you on the fly, telling you what adjustments to make, better foot positioning etc so that you can make those changes immediately. This is far more beneficial than someone telling you after your lesson and you trying to remember for the next time. Just my 2c.
    Would he not still get all that in the above session?
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding. But I thought he was looking for a normal 1 on1 session, where he is allowed to record the session and review it himself afterwards. For all intents and purposes, the session could be the same as any other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Mellor wrote: »
    a normal 1 on1 session, where he is allowed to record the session and review it himself afterwards.

Oh possibly, I read it that the instructor/school had cameras set up and would then talk you through it with suggested corrections.

Advertisement