Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S sofa - Nantucket / Scala velvet fabric

Options
  • 29-10-2017 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,916 ✭✭✭✭

Firstly, thanks to everyone who replied on my other thread re fitting a sofa into the house.

Having solved that problem, I'm going round and round in circles trying to make a decision on the purchase!

Firstly, the sofa I want has had fairly crap reviews online. But a) people are far more motivated to complain than leave positive reviews, and b) there's only me and I'm generally not a heavy/destructive user of furniture. So I'm inclined to take a gamble on the sofa itself.

But if anyone has any bits from the Nantucket range, could they let me know their experience with it please?

Secondly, after days of agonizing and changing my mind about 120 times, I've finally (nearly) settled on the Scala velvet fabric for it. Has anyone got this on any furniture they have?

I'm afraid it'll be slippy, and hard to sit upright on the sofa/chair. I currently have a leather sofa and it's impossible to sit up straight for more than about 5 minutes, and my back is half broken from it. I fear that this fabric will be the same, as it's very smooth.

Any help in the next 24 hours will be much appreciated! Sale is on, there's 40% off which makes it a total bargain - but still a very expensive mistake if they're not right!

Thanks everyone!

Advertisement