Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Stocks from foreign country

Options
  • 29-10-2017 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,
    I'm an Italian living in Dublin

I'm planning to sell stocks to purchase a property in Dublin. I bought the stocks like 5 years ago while living in Italy, so they are managed in an Italian bank.

As far as I know, what I should do, is to open an securities account in Ireland (I'm opening one in DeGiro), transfer my account from Italy to the one in Ireland, and finally sell them in Ireland and pay taxes in Ireland. As far as I know, the applied tax is 33%.

I would like to know if anybody could provide me advice or a good contact of a tax advisor congnizant in taxes and European Union money transfer as I wouldn't like to make a mistake in the process. Honestly I'm pretty scared to make a mess as I guess I would need to notify to both Italian and Irish tax authorities about the whole process and finally pay all the taxes in Ireland.

Also, if you have any other advice, I'd be pleased to read it!

I really appreciate your help!

Mario

Advertisement