Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - opinions

Options
  • 29-10-2017 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

So quite recently NVIDIA has announced a competitor to AMD's Radeon RX Vega 56, the GTX 1070 Ti. This card is based on the same GP104 GPU the 1070 and the 1080 have been using, and packs 2,432 CUDA cores and 8GB of 256-bit GDDR5 (non-X) for US$449. Along with that, the 1070 Ti will boost up to 1683MHz and, like any NVIDIA card since the advent of Kepler, draw less power than AMD's rival card. The 1070 Ti is set to release on November 2.

What do you think of the 1070 Ti? Will you be buying one? Consider voting in the poll and sharing your opinion!

Will you be buying a 1070 Ti? 6 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    50% 3 votes
    Possibly
    50% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭super_sweeney

just looking at putting a system together really looking at the 1070 TI. anyone any thoughts? also really not sure why you would pay premium for this card as they come all stock with no pre-tune from manufactures i thought? so why not just go for a cheaper card if your not going to OC which i dont plan to for this card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Looking from a perspective compared to the 1080, I'm not quite sure which is the better choice. They're both pretty equal in terms of price-performance.

If you don't plan on OCing, then you'll be grand with a Founder's Edition.

Advertisement