Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College course

Options
  • 29-10-2017 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello everyone.

I'm a leaving cert student and am curently looking at my college options. Atm i'm somewhat interested in the law and irish program at UCC.

I'm not sure if irish would be of direct use in my career as i am considering working abroad but I also might stay in Ireland after & could work with irish institutions? But I absolutely love the language even if its just for a personal side to my life.

However I know for a fact that I would want to do a masters abroad - either in Germany or the UK.

And what i'm wondering is would having irish as a part (smaller part) of my undergrad hinder my chances of aquiring a place at a foreign university (I'd be aiming for top league univerdities e.g. cambrisge and the likes), where Irish is of no or limited importance or credibility. Will I have the same chances of gaining entry as someone with a pure law degree or someone with a dual degree of either law and business or law and economics (considering these aswell).

Advertisement