Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NaNoWriMo

Options
  • 28-10-2017 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

So, will anyone in this forum be partaking in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) this November? Online challenge, the aim is to write your novel of 50,000 words.

Anyone in? If so, you still have time to sign up. Let's get chatting!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

I won't be part taking in this... But I am working at my own pace on a Novella :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Good luck folks.

I did it a few years back and got a lot out of it. It let me know that I had the stamina to write a novel-length story for a start. I ended up finishing the novel I started during it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've always wanted to write a novel, but hadn't thought about it much recently.

I've written nearly 1500 words of a reflective essay in the last hour, though. I might be able to drag something of a memoir out of it if I keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'd love to do this, but 1500 words a day is a very, very ambitious target.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm doing it! I like using NaNo to get the bones of a story down. I'm not going to have much I like about the story, but the characters and plot will be there, and I can pretty up the writing at my own speed afterwards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement