Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ww2 Dublin kids evacuation labels

Options
  • 28-10-2017 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭

Hoping some one can shed some light on this and give me some lnformation as to why issued and how they where issued etc...
    Any help is appreciated

My mother when cleaning out her mans house found an evacuation label for herself, none for her sisters.
    My Mam would have been 4 moths Old at the time the label issued..

Curious to know more about it ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Artdeco30

Sounds very interesting but the link to the attachment was just blank when I clicked on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I can get it ok. Click again and give it time, its a bit slow appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Interesting, had thought the only child evacuations on this island occurred in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Artdeco30

Funny that there is no Irish on it.

Would the National Museum know more about it, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Artdeco30 wrote: »

Strangely no, I have submitted an email to the department of defence, who issued it but nothing back from them yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Artdeco30 wrote: »

Perhaps wartime restrictions overrode the requirement of the extra card and ink to make the label bilingual?

The printers I assume were 'EPW', printed on July 1941, and a print run of 160,000.

Advertisement