Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX ONE PROBLEM

Options
  • 28-10-2017 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

HI i'mhaving problems in the last month with XBOX ONE that it's disconnecting every few minutes no matter what game i'm playing..fifa 18 / halo / ark survival etc.
    have had xbox one for approx. 2 years...
    anyone had similar issues ? can I bring the console somewhere to be looked at / or send it in somewhere.. or is it time to buy a new xbox do you think ?
    seems to be the console and not the controllers (wireless) as the issue happens on either controller.. I have tried new batteries and that didn't fix it.
    thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,899 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

HI i'mhaving problems in the last month with XBOX ONE that it's disconnecting every few minutes no matter what game i'm playing..fifa 18 / halo / ark survival etc.
    have had xbox one for approx. 2 years...
    anyone had similar issues ? can I bring the console somewhere to be looked at / or send it in somewhere.. or is it time to buy a new xbox do you think ?
    seems to be the console and not the controllers (wireless) as the issue happens on either controller.. I have tried new batteries and that didn't fix it.
    thanks
    Paul

What do you mean disconnecting? The controllers are disconnecting from the console? The console is disconnecting from the WiFi?

Have you tried updating the controllers?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tropicalbeach

hi EmmetKenny.. '' your controller has disconnected '' is the message..so presume it is disconnecting from the console.
    The xbox is connected over wifi and it is Vodafone .

hi enfilade... yes both controllers are fully updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,899 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

hi EmmetKenny.. '' your controller has disconnected '' is the message..so presume it is disconnecting from the console.
    The xbox is connected over wifi and it is Vodafone .

Have you tried re syncing the controllers?

I wonder if there's any other electrical equipment interfering with the signal though?

• Advertisement

no electrical equipment except tv..and it used to work fine for months..so this is a new issue..

yes have tried to re sync controllers but no joy i'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Is there anything else plugged into the USB ports of the Xbox at the same time like a phone charging, etc.

hi Failsafe 00... no nothing else plugged into usb port of xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭MissMayo

I used to have this problem with my console, the controller worked fine at the start but then for it to stay connected I would have to sit literally no more than a for away from the console so I ended up buying a wired controller from Argos. (I had confirmed that the problem was my console as I tested my husband controller on it and had the same problem yet my controller would stay connected to his console with no issues). The wired controller worked perfectly.

I ended up getting rid of that console as it was an original Xbox One and I wanted to upgrade to an Xbox One S, I have had no problems with the new console.

From what I remember, the controller disconnecting is a problem with the original console so if that's what you have you may need to get a wired controller or consider upgrading to a newer model.

DO they work with the battery removed and connected via usb cable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

DO they work with the battery removed and connected via usb cable?

Yes, I have always used mine connected with USB cable to both my PC and Xbox. No need for a battery to be in controller.

hi MISSMAYO.. great that sounds good.. thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've had this problem across 3 consoles. I even had Microsoft replace an xbox one s and you can imagine how pissed off I was when barely 5 mins into using my xbox one x the same thing happens.
    I now know for definite its the fact that my wireless router is in the same room and is interfering with the signals between xbox and controller. Why MS didn't make them bluetooth is beyond me.

Blazer wrote: »
    I've had this problem across 3 consoles. I even had Microsoft replace an xbox one s and you can imagine how pissed off I was when barely 5 mins into using my xbox one x the same thing happens.
    I now know for definite its the fact that my wireless router is in the same room and interfering with the signals between xbox and controller. Why MS didn't make them bluetooth is beyond me.

What router do you have? Mine is less than a foot away from my console and gives me no issues, but we're hoping to upgrade to Siro soon so I'm hoping that their routers aren't problematic... MS don't make the smartest decisions unfortunately. :(

MissMayo wrote: »
    What router do you have? Mine is less than a foot away from my console and gives me no issues, but we're hoping to upgrade to Siro soon so I'm hoping that their routers aren't problematic... MS don't make the smartest decisions unfortunately. :(

It’s an Asus dsl ac68u. It’s broadcasting across both 2.4 and 5ghz so it could be something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I now know for definite its the fact that my wireless router is in the same room and is interfering with the signals between xbox and controller. Why MS didn't make them bluetooth is beyond me.

Change the channel on the router. Move it from AUTO to a fixed number. Start at channel 1. You should have up to 11 channels available. Move through the channels and see if it makes a difference.

It’s an Asus dsl ac68u. It’s broadcasting across both 2.4 and 5ghz so it could be something like that.

Mine is broadcasting across both frequencies as well. I bet it's because my router is complete garbage, possible something to do with the signal not being at strong.

Or, someone else suggested changing router channels, maybe mine is broadcasting on a non-interfering channel by default... Either way I hope I don't start getting problems when we get our new router!

logik wrote: »
    Change the channel on the router. Move it from AUTO to a fixed number. Start at channel 1. You should have up to 11 channels available. Move through the channels and see if it makes a difference.

yeah I must do that..although I'm rejigging the man cave around again so the pc /nas/router will probably get moved to a smaller room and have the xbox in main room.

thanks Blazer

hi MISSMAYO .. I went with your suggestion of getting a wired controller and that seems to work.but it doesn't work with my microphone for some reason ? not sure why that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

hi MISSMAYO .. I went with your suggestion of getting a wired controller and that seems to work.but it doesn't work with my microphone for some reason ? not sure why that is.

You didn't have to buy a wired controller all you need was a micro USB cable, that's what I use and I connect my headphone up to the controller 3.5mm headphone jack and receive sound. I don't use a microphone so I never tested with one so can't help you there.

I'm not sure, my one worked with my mic no problem... What type of controller did you get? And what mic do you have?

Advertisement