Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet cable

Options
  • 28-10-2017 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

Hi I have my smart tv and mag box connected to my router with plain grey Ethernet cable, it dosnt say anything on it about what cat or quality it is, I think it’s out of Aldi or dealz or somewhere similar, does it make any difference or should I buy some good quality stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

No, unless you want to throw away money, the short cheap cables will do the job. You really only need to look for quality gear if it's a long run, otherwise what you have is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

coylemj wrote: »
    No, unless you want to throw away money, the short cheap cables will do the job. You really only need to look for quality gear if it's a long run, otherwise what you have is fine.

That’s good to know as it’s only 3 meters max. Thanks

Advertisement