Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bus and Rail fares

Options
  • 28-10-2017 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭

New bus and rail fares and zones come into effect in Cork from 1st Dec 2017. Big change is the city fare zone. Now includes Carrigaline and Ballincollig. Single cash fare to the city will be €2.70 or just €1.89 with Leap card. One surprising thing in the report is that just 10% of the 12 million or so bus journeys in Cork city every year are paid for with Leap. Seems insane to me but most people are happy to pay 20%+ premium and mess around with cash and change.

New fares in Cork

NTA fare determination

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Great news for those in the outer suburbs. Wonder if this means you could travel between Carrigaline and Ballincollig for city bus fare? That's good value!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

thejuggler wrote: »
    Great news for those in the outer suburbs. Wonder if this means you could travel between Carrigaline and Ballincollig for city bus fare? That's good value!

Don't see why not if you stay on the 220.

Leap fares are now 30% cheaper than cash. No brainer but I'm sure the majority will stick to the expensive cash fares and moan about the increase in price. Normal city bus fare gone up to €2.30 (increase of 10c), Leap fare staying at €1.61.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

From what I could tell the green zone is being scrapped and all areas will now be included in the red zone. If so, happy days, That is a massive saving

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Time too get a leap card then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Glad the leap card isn't rising, nice to see some reductions across the board.

• Advertisement
Advertisement