Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invalidity Pension

Options
  • 27-10-2017 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I have just recently applied for invalidity pension. I am just wondering what the next stage is and a timeframe of correspondence?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

I presume you’ve just filled in the form that you can download from the soc welf site and sent that on?
    If so - as you’ve probably wondered - there’s not much on the form asking about your medical reasons etc. So the next part will be a form from them, it’s got two parts. One that requests a lot more information from you, and one that is for your doctor to fill out and send on.

Once that has been sent off then you should give the invalidity pension dept a ring maybe a week or so later, see how it is going with them. I believe the waiting time can be anywhere from a few weeks to months. It’s done on a case by case basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Antony2

Hi Guys

I find myself in the position where they sent me the forms with various extra questions and that of the GP. I sent everything 20 days ago and then on mygovie.ie they sent me the Household Benefits Package form to fill out, but I live at my daughter's house and I clicked on the option to refuse this option, a gentleman from this forum told me I shouldn't have done it , but I didn't want to involve my family too much in this situation. now on mygovie.ie the writing always appears: Application under review, Your application is now being reviewed by an officer.

Do you think I made a mistake in clicking refuse HBP option?

Advertisement