Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a phone cover for Xiaomi Mi A1

Options
  • 27-10-2017 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Looking for a cover for a Xiaomi Mi A1. Loads available on Ebay, Amazon, Etc..

I notice most options are for a cover and screen protector. Last time I had a leather case on my S4. What do you guys use these days, back cover and screen protector or a flip case?

Any recommendations for the A1 would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Hey, I don't have the Mi A1 but I ended up going with a cover with the clip on the back of my last one. Handy for popping in for a coffee and keeping the little uns quiet for 10 minutes by sitting it there so they can watch a cartoon or something without fighting over who's holding it. It doesn't have the front covered but the corners are so there is a bit of protection.

How do you find the camera on your phone? Where did you get it? Interested in picking one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

dedaw wrote: »
    Hey, I don't have the Mi A1 but I ended up going with a cover with the clip on the back of my last one. Handy for popping in for a coffee and keeping the little uns quiet for 10 minutes by sitting it there so they can watch a cartoon or something without fighting over who's holding it. It doesn't have the front covered but the corners are so there is a bit of protection.

How do you find the camera on your phone? Where did you get it? Interested in picking one up.

Thanks for the reply. From reading online the front protectors don't seem to fit the A1/5X very well, so will probably skip that.

I followed the thread on Chinese Phones on here, before deciding to go for the A1. Stock android swung it for me. I should have it on Tuesday. Below is a post I added to that thread after I bought it.

Just pulled the trigger on the Xiaomi Mi A1 Global Version. Bought it on Honorbuy using their EU shipping.

Compared it between Honorbuy and Hongkong Goldway (Aliexpress), as they both seem to be reliable going by posts on here. Honorboy was coming in at $284.24 (Including shipping from the EU with DHL and also including a $5.75 voucher I found on the net) and Hongkong Goldway was coming in at $268.99 (Including shipping with DHL from Hongkong via the UK). I went with the slightly more expensive Honorbuy as I fancied the quicker EU shipping.

I paid by Paypal. If I had paid in Dollars on Honorbuy it would have come to €251.49 when checking out on Paypal, but I changed to Euro on Honorbuy and the total dropped to €247.29 and stayed at that when checking out on Paypal.

Will post my thoughts when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Ha! I remember your comment now!
    I'm between it and the Note 4. Best of luck with it!

Advertisement