Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seized alcohol, drugs and tobacco

Options
  • 26-10-2017 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

My theory is that the above goods are kept and then redistributed by those who seize them rather than being verifiably witnessed as being destroyed.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Definitely in the old days when poitin makers were being raided all the stuff didn't go down the drain. Well not before going through a bladder anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

dense wrote: »
    My theory is that the above goods are kept and then redistributed by those who seize them rather than being verifiably witnessed as being destroyed.

:)

Probably did happen.
    Fireworks as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,685 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not really a CT so much as a point of fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Probably did happen.
    Fireworks as well.

Probably does happen.

Are there any records of them being destroyed???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

It's bound to have happened.

Look, whoever handles this stuff is human too. If there is an opportunity to make a quick buck on the side without getting caught then it's bound to have happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Nothing groundbreaking there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Seeing as it has been already verified that money either seized or kept as evidence in Garda stations has gone missing, then it can definitely be said that some seized goods will have suffered the same fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,476 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

When I was in college in Dundalk, for a short time I was in digs next door to a customs agent.
    When his garage door was open you could see boxes of booze and cigs on the floor, you’d see him bringing them home and people calling to collect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,685 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

_Brian wrote: »
    When I was in college in Dundalk, for a short time I was in digs next door to a customs agent.
    When his garage door was open you could see boxes of booze and cigs on the floor, you’d see him bringing them home and people calling to collect them.

Seems like it defeats the role of a customs agent, if the goods end up disrupting the market for regulated goods in the end anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

Overheal wrote: »
    Seems like it defeats the role of a customs agent, if the goods end up disrupting the market for regulated goods in the end anyway

Doesn't seem like they're terribly interested in the market side of things.

Customs and Excise defeat their role themselves if there's no public record of the destruction of the goods they've seized.

There is no record is there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Staplor

dense wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like they're terribly interested in the market side of things.

Customs and Excise defeat their role themselves if there's no public record of the destruction of the goods they've seized.

There is no record is there?

I believe there is a record of what was destroyed, not seized

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

I wonder do they destroy all the blue tablets they get coming in through the black market? I guess they eventually get destroyed in some kind of "explosion" :D

Advertisement