Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help please. Windows 7 \Boot\BCD error - Won't boot up

Options
  • 26-10-2017 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Have an issue here with my dads PC
    Last week for some reason when he powered off his PC and went to restart, the PC wouldn't start up and there was an external USB drive plugged in, so got him to remove that and try various things while talking through it over the phone

Long story short, the PC is running Windows 7 and shows an error for file \Boot\BCD

I have now got the PC here and as the PC came with no disks and had Windows 7 installed when he bought it, I tried to create a USB key with Hirens Boot CD and selected boot into Windows 7 which didn't work, so I chose the Mini XP option which loaded XP and I was able to open disk management, but there is no recovery partition on the drive, so I can not copy the BCD file across to the hard drive.

I don't really know how to solve this, but am capable if given the right instructions :D:D

Any ideas or help would be really appreciated

By the way, if I need any more info, please ask and I will clarify
    As for the actual version of Windows 7 it was running, I have no idea either
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement