Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive #3)

Options
  • 26-10-2017 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

Available 14th November on Kindle, 16th for hardcover!! I have never been as excited for a book release! Too bad I probably won't get to actually read it until probably next summer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Get started now - first 27 chapters online. The best bit of every Tuesday!

https://www.tor.com/series/oathbringer/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ahhh it's out

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm 2% in. So only about 1200 pages to go - almost there!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Plan to listen to it and it is about 55 hours, might leave it to Christmas Holidays.

Only on chapter 60.... Going to be a long night. Fantastic so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Hmmm, to re-read the first two or just dive right in?

Read the TOR summary, then dive right in.

Then go back and read all 3 with the benefit of additional knowledge!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Oh my god that was amazing
    My life is empty again

Just about to start chapter 38 :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Is this a trilogy or will there be more books in this series? I haven't read any of them as you may have deduced, but always on the look out for new stuff to read.

• Advertisement

Meant to be 10 in this series

Guys i don't know if anyone else missed edgedancer, kinda book 2.5 apparently
    i need to get on this. if i can find an ebook download

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edgedancer-Stormlight-Archive-Brandon-Sanderson/dp/1250166543

bluewolf wrote: »
    Guys i don't know if anyone else missed edgedancer, kinda book 2.5 apparently
    i need to get on this. if i can find an ebook download
    I didn't know about this either until the intro but you can get it:
    It's in "Arcanum Unbounded", his short-story collection. In fact I was flicking through it today and it's almost a novella, clocking in at about 100 pages. You can buy the full short story collection for £5.75 on Amazon and it's full of Cosmere stories from Elantris/Warbreaker/Mistborn and one of other worlds. I'll be reading it myself at some point!

Currently #1 on the NY Times Best-Sellers List for Hardbacks

https://twitter.com/BrandSanderson/status/933468050996609024

ixoy wrote: »
    I didn't know about this either until the intro but you can get it:
    It's in "Arcanum Unbounded", his short-story collection. In fact I was flicking through it today and it's almost a novella, clocking in at about 100 pages. You can buy the full short story collection for £5.75 on Amazon and it's full of Cosmere stories from Elantris/Warbreaker/Mistborn and one of other worlds. I'll be reading it myself at some point!

got it now ... happy weekend reading :D

There's a target now of 2020 for Book 4. Alas, it won't be any sooner! Before that there'll be the first two books in a new, non-Cosmere story, as well as a new Wax-and-Wayne Mistborn novella.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

ixoy wrote: »
    There's a target now of 2020 for Book 4. Alas, it won't be any sooner! Before that there'll be the first two books in a new, non-Cosmere story, as well as a new Wax-and-Wayne Mistborn novella.

Is it known if book four is the last one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

drake70 wrote: »
    Is it known if book four is the last one?
    There are ten books planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Pelvis wrote: »
    There are ten books planned.

Oh dear :(

It will take forever for them to all to be completed.

Think I'll wait until then to start a re-read (first two). Plenty of time to as I'll have retired :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finished this last night, and absolutely loved it. It was some bleak reading at times (
    found Elokhar's death tough to read for some reason, and Kaladin was pretty ****ed up for a while there
    ), but god did it get epic towards the end.

Can't believe it'll be 2020 before the next one though...god damn i wish i'd waited.

• Advertisement
Advertisement