Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One page with all the info you want?

Options
  • 26-10-2017 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

I have seen many people say they can't research games properly before betting as they don't have the time to compile some statistics for each game or they are not sure where to get the stats or they are not willing to put the work in as they don't bet much so its not worth spending a lot of time on research and analysis.

If you could go to one webpage for each game with a range of statistics to help you choose a bet what information do you want on this page?

The basic info to start with would be:

ejsxnr.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Not sure how to post screenshots, so attaching.

But this is what I have for this game.

Have data going back to 2012 but Watford only came back up in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

You mainly bet on corners and cards?

Division wrote: »
    You mainly bet on corners and cards?

Not sure at all to be honest just have the data and looking how to use it.

For example I have the stats for each referee for the past 5 seasons.

So I would start by looking at the average cards per game the referee gives, if he tends to be less lenient on home sides.

Then look at Watford's average cards per game they receive at home.

Then look at Stoke's records when away from home.

Then using oddschecker have a look at the card markets and see if the stat's point to whether I think their is value in the under/over line on cards.

If the away side averages more per game and the referee is less lenient on home sides then back the away side to get more cards.

What markets do you look into yourself and any feedback is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

Primarily the win-draw-win market and over/under 2.5 goals market.

One issue I would have with your approach is that you look at how many cards a team will get when playing away from home without any reference to the referee or the opponent while the sample size at this stage of the stage is so small its irrelevant.

I don't bet cards and have no idea where to start as it is quite random. You will see two identical tackles, one gets a red card and the other is just a warning. The ref may not give a second yellow even when its deserved. Some referees prefer to let the game go on unless its very dirty so you need to have more info on the game such as number of fouls to see if it was a clean game or the ref simply chose to let players off with warnings repeatedly.

Some teams struggle more against a fast counter attacking team than they do against a more physical team due to lack of pace in their defence so averaging cards won't show this.

In one game a team will pack their defence and not allow a team to play through them so cards will be less and the next week they will be playing a weaker opponent so they will play a more open attacking game and this may lead to more dangerous tackles so basing your bet for the second game on the first game will be a mistake.

But like I said I don't bet cards so this may not be accurate but seems logical to me.

Primarily the win-draw-win market and over/under 2.5 goals market.

One issue I would have with your approach is that you look at how many cards a team will get when playing away from home without any reference to the referee or the opponent while the sample size at this stage of the stage is so small its irrelevant.

I don't bet cards and have no idea where to start as it is quite random. You will see two identical tackles, one gets a red card and the other is just a warning. The ref may not give a second yellow even when its deserved. Some referees prefer to let the game go on unless its very dirty so you need to have more info on the game such as number of fouls to see if it was a clean game or the ref simply chose to let players off with warnings repeatedly.

Some teams struggle more against a fast counter attacking team than they do against a more physical team due to lack of pace in their defence so averaging cards won't show this.

In one game a team will pack their defence and not allow a team to play through them so cards will be less and the next week they will be playing a weaker opponent so they will play a more open attacking game and this may lead to more dangerous tackles so basing your bet for the second game on the first game will be a mistake.

But like I said I don't bet cards so this may not be accurate but seems logical to me.

Some very good points.

A week off work and I am trying to avoid a way of not going back:).

Both teams to score is my preferred bet, but I was thinking in the lower divisions card and corner markets may be priced incorrectly, but probably not.

I have Excel files for the past 5 seasons from the Premiership to League 2 with all results and if both teams to score came up if that is of any interest to you.

I have put together the following from reviewing last night.

City have had over 1.5 cards in 3 of 4 games this season and 13 of 19 last season away from home. They are playing a physical West Brom team who will get them riled up.

City over 1.5 cards is 4/5 on Bet 365.

Other bets

Bournemouth over 4.5 corners 8/13
    Bournemouth/Chelsea BTTS 4/6
    Arsenal/Swansea over 9 corners 1/2
    Liverpool/Huddersfield over 3.5 cards 5/6

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

I will follow the development of this thread with interest

Putting these up just to see how they get on basing it on statistics.

QPR average 9 corners at home this season
    Wolves average 5 away

Over 10.5 corners 5/6

Sunderland average 5.5
    Bristol 5.5

Over 9 corners 1/2

Cardiff 5.8
    Milwall 7.3

Over 9 at 8/13

Preston 5.6
    Brentford 6.5

Over 9 at 4/7

Wigan 8.4
    Blackburn 4.1

Over 9 at 8/15

Walsall 6.7
    Southend 5

Over 9 at 1/2

Luton 5.2
    Coventry 6.5

Over 9 at 4/7

Fleetwood 2.7
    Oxford 3.1

Under 10 at 11/10

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Putting these up just to see how they get on basing it on statistics.

QPR average 9 corners at home this season
    Wolves average 5 away

Over 10.5 corners 5/6

Sunderland average 5.5
    Bristol 5.5

Over 9 corners 1/2

Cardiff 5.8
    Milwall 7.3

Over 9 at 8/13

Preston 5.6
    Brentford 6.5

Over 9 at 4/7

Wigan 8.4
    Blackburn 4.1

Over 9 at 8/15

Walsall 6.7
    Southend 5

Over 9 at 1/2

Luton 5.2
    Coventry 6.5

Over 9 at 4/7

Fleetwood 2.7
    Oxford 3.1

Under 10 at 11/10

5 out of 7.

The banker QPR/Wolves falls well short with 7 corners.

Preston game had 9 corners very close.

Some very good points.

A week off work and I am trying to avoid a way of not going back:).

Both teams to score is my preferred bet, but I was thinking in the lower divisions card and corner markets may be priced incorrectly, but probably not.

I have Excel files for the past 5 seasons from the Premiership to League 2 with all results and if both teams to score came up if that is of any interest to you.

I have put together the following from reviewing last night.

City have had over 1.5 cards in 3 of 4 games this season and 13 of 19 last season away from home. They are playing a physical West Brom team who will get them riled up.

City over 1.5 cards is 4/5 on Bet 365.

Other bets

Bournemouth over 4.5 corners 8/13
    Bournemouth/Chelsea BTTS 4/6
    Arsenal/Swansea over 9 corners 1/2
    Liverpool/Huddersfield over 3.5 cards 5/6

2 out of 5.

Under 11 Corners
    Brighton/Southampton 5/6
    Leicester/Everton 5/6
    Birmingham/Villa 8/11

Under 4.5 Cards
    Birmingham/Villa 8/11

• Advertisement

Under 11 Corners
    Brighton/Southampton 5/6
    Leicester/Everton 5/6
    Birmingham/Villa 8/11

Under 4.5 Cards
    Birmingham/Villa 8/11

2 out of 4.

Two lessons

Do not back corners based on statistics when teams have new managers and style of play.

Do not back cards in a tense derby game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Another point on cards this season and last I've noticed refs are very lenient with Cards in the tv games the past few months in the Premier League.

I've been doing a lot of the Yes/No bet in boyles and the cards cost me so much that now i'm just going on the unders in those markets and that portion is coming in more often than not. Dont know if this is conscious by the FA that they want games flowing more or if its subconscious by the ref who doesnt want to look like an arse on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

I have seen many people say they can't research games properly before betting as they don't have the time to compile some statistics for each game or they are not sure where to get the stats or they are not willing to put the work in as they don't bet much so its not worth spending a lot of time on research and analysis.

If you could go to one webpage for each game with a range of statistics to help you choose a bet what information do you want on this page?

The basic info to start with would be:

ejsxnr.jpg

Average shots on goal/shots on target H and A. Maybe Average possession H and A. Top scorers/assisters. Injuries/injury doubts/suspensions. They would probably be pretty time consuming but can be helpful.

Advertisement