Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help: Final Project

Options
  • 26-10-2017 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Dear all,

I'm writing you because I need your advices in completing a college final Project.
    I explain the situation first: I was studying the computer programming course around 9 years ago. Then it happened that I got pregnant, so I stopped. Now I would like to finish the project, but I'm not up-to-date about programming. I have a little experience of Visual basic and some html. For this reason, I wanted to ask you which one of the following topic/area are of easy development, that requires less effort but it embraces what the project requires. They asked me to develop an application, following the areas:

- Classic Program Project
    - Database development Project
    - Database +front end
    - Client – server applications
    - Customizations of packages
    - System-Management Appliactions
    - Web-based solutions

Links to tutorials, e-guides or e-books and everything that you can suggest me are very welcome.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭Talisman

The world has moved on a lot in 9 years. Visual Basic is now only of use for Windows Forms applications and maybe ASP.NET Web Forms. Anyone that was using VB has migrated to other solutions, mostly C# if they were sticking with the Windows platform.

A good starting point would be the Visual Studio Documentation and the Microsoft Virtual Academy. There is something in the tutorials for people of all levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Pluralsight, though not free would have some very good videos courses on most languages. C# would be a good start though

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭spupazza

Pluralsight, though not free would have some very good videos courses on most languages. C# would be a good start though

thanks, but what would be a good example of applications with C#?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭spupazza

Talisman wrote: »
    The world has moved on a lot in 9 years. Visual Basic is now only of use for Windows Forms applications and maybe ASP.NET Web Forms. Anyone that was using VB has migrated to other solutions, mostly C# if they were sticking with the Windows platform.

A good starting point would be the Visual Studio Documentation and the Microsoft Virtual Academy. There is something in the tutorials for people of all levels.

what kind of application I could develop with Visual Studio?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

spupazza wrote: »
    what kind of application I could develop with Visual Studio?

Anything from cross platform mobile apps to windows desktop applications to mvc websites plus a whole lot more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Personally, I would go for

Database development Project ( Perl, PHP, Python)
    Database +front end (HTML PHP & MySQL)

https://www.w3schools.com/
    http://www.diveintopython3.net/

Try https://teamtreehouse.com. I just completed their php track, show how to build a music, DVD libary . You have pay but it is worth it

Advertisement