Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading from HTC one M8s

Options
  • 25-10-2017 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

I had this phone about 18 months I think, I've had no issues with it except that now the battery life is terrible and the memory is constantly full despite having a card because most of the system apps wont move to the SD card so - I'm looking to upgrade. The m8s is 15GB so a 32gb phone should do me fine. I was looking at the HTC U play on Argos and it seems to fit my needs and is not too bad at E359. I have a 30 day contract SIM and definitely not interested in going down the contract route.

Any thoughts on the U play? The other phone I was considering is the Samsung A5 (2017) which seems to be around E430 so a good bit pricier. So many phones to choose from it's head melting trying to decide which features are needed/best!!

Any advice greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

The U play is €249 direct from htc at the moment. You can up for the htc club on the irish website. I cant really say whether you should get or not though sorry. Looks good for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Actually sorry it's €249 from the Irish website without signing up for the HTC club. Although maybe worth signing up for a look anyway for offers. The U11 from this year and the 10 from last year are both on sale, although I appreciate both are above the budget.

If you can wait a week they're launching new phones on the 2nd Nov, one of which will be a mid range called the u11 life, maybe worth keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I know someone who went form the M8 to the LG G5 SE and was happy with it.
    Depends on your budget though. If you wanna stick with HTC, the HTC 10 is still a top notch phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Thanks guys. I read a few more reviews on it and one of the cons is poor battery life - it also doesn't have a headphone jack which isn't the end of the world as I use bluetooth but I'm now looking at the Samsung A5 - seems you can buy Sim free on amazon and I'm assuming they can be used anywhere in the world?..

Advertisement