Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Repair possible?

Options
  • 25-10-2017 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have 2 Tv's (one about 10yo, other about 4/5yo) and the HDMI ports on both are no longer working.
    They both used to so not sure what happened, think maybe the house was struck by lighting but doesn't really matter i suppose.

I've tired different HDMI cables, different devices, moving tv to different room etc.
    In particular my Apple tv that used to work on these tv's no longer does but still works on another tv in the house so no issue with the device.

Is this something that can be repaired on a tv or is there an Av to HDMI adaptor available (DVD player still works off these tv's on the AV cable).

don't want to call someone out if it's a non repairable job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

guideanna wrote: »
    .... is there an Av to HDMI adaptor available (DVD player still works off these tv's on the AV cable).

There are converters, it's not something that a simple adapter can do because HDMI is digital whereas AV (I assume you mean SCART or component+audio - 5 phono connections) is analog.
    guideanna wrote: »
    don't want to call someone out if it's a non repairable job.

Good luck finding such a person with the parts needed for your models.

There will be no parts available for the 10 year old model and the 4/5 year old model is probably a slim cabinet with all of the components packed together in such a way that any kind of field repair will be impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Tv's are relatively cheap (and disposable) you'll buy a cheap 4k tv for the cost of a repair .

Unfortunately we live in a disposable society

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭perry stanley

Where about are you? I took mine to some guys who look at it first and tell you if its worth them carrying on. But there here in Cork

Advertisement