Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky contract price change

Options
  • 25-10-2017 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi,

just wanted to ask if a provider like Sky can just notify you of a price change. i recently renewed the contract for 12 months with sky at a xyz price and yesterday i got this email:

We are contacting you to inform you about some upcoming changes to your pricing. Your total price change is €4.00, this price change is clearly laid out below and will show in your December bill. If you'd like to know more, go to sky.ie/pricechange.
    Sky Fibre Unlimited +€4.00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

I only have the basic package with Sky Ireland but I also got a similar letter/email.

From my understanding it's in their small print that prices are liable to change and there is nothing us consumers can do.
    suck it up is my understanding

see here: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057801409

Here at Sky, we're always looking for ways to help you and all our customers get the most from your Sky package, 365 days a year. Occasionally we need to review our pricing to continue investing in the things that give you a great experience, like all the new series we'll be showing in 2018.

Your total price change is €2.00 and has been clearly laid out below, and will show in your December bill. If you'd like to know more, go to sky.ie/pricechange.

Continue reading further down this email to see what's heading your way this winter. Thank you for allowing us to keep bringing you the best possible Sky experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

clever of sky to introduce this , when Virgin is no longer offering that €49 basic bundle or €54 for the better bundle (with more HD and unlimited calls)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

You can always cancel the contract and go free to air only, but of course you'll lose all the paid for channels if you do this. Could be worth contacting them and saying you want to cancel due to the price hike, and they *might* offer you a deal of some sort. Not always guaranteed, and they may just accept your request to cancel. Perhaps in that case you could resign as a new customer and get some kind of deal though.

Advertisement