Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cap 1 DEBK Exam question help!

Options
  • 24-10-2017 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

Don't know whether it is a right place to post, pls let me know if I did wrong. :P
    So I booked the DEBK exam date on Dec 9, now doing the DEBK toolkit questions.
    I came across some questions and would really appreciate if someone could give me some explanations.

Question 2.13

Attach.1

My answer

Attach.2

Finally little question, when you have some questions knowing the CAH lectures not held frequently, where do you guys approach for help? Please please let me know if there happen to be a study group or sth to discuss questions. :D

Thanks a million in advance

Lena
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Is it the figure of 8000 or CR/DR you're asking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭chickenlicken2

Cash: Why would you move it to bank. It was never lodged to the bank. Keep it in petty cash until it is lodged

Depreciation: recheck your calculations, particularly the straight line depreciation

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KungFuneral

Did you have any luck with this?
    I am getting the exact same answers you are and I cannot understand why the depreciation adjustment is coming through at 8,000 and not 10,000

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Depreciation 25% of 120,000 (Straight line) is 30,000, while depreciation of 25% of 88,000 (Reducing balance) is 22,000. 30,000-22,000 is 8000 in depreciation cost.

Advertisement