Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stress leave question

Options
  • 24-10-2017 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a whole situation going on at work at the moment and the whole thing has been very very stressful. Basically I felt I was being harassed/sexually harassed and ended up reporting it to HR. It's a small enough place so the situation still hasn't been fully sorted out and a lot is still up in the air.

Physically I had some problems with anxiety, panic attacks, even fainting spells. My doctor did prescribe some medication to help with some of the effects it was having on me, and offered to sign me off on stress leave for a few weeks, but ultimately I decided to stay in work and not feel I was being made leave. I've taken up running and yoga in the meantime to help me deal with things.

However as more and more comes out, this evening the person responsible announced they will be taking stress leave for the foreseeable future. Now I feel like this individual is trying to paint me in a bad light and themselves as the victim. Has anyone else been in a position like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Just look after yourself and ignore everything else.

If you feel well enough to work then work away, if it comes to a stage where you can’t cope then speak to your manager and doctor.

A proper investigation won’t be based on optics of who is in or out of work but rather on the evidence to hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

Beanie5 wrote: »
    However as more and more comes out, this evening the person responsible announced they will be taking stress leave for the foreseeable future. Now I feel like this individual is trying to paint me in a bad light and themselves as the victim. Has anyone else been in a position like this?

You clearly are stressed, but remember that your allegations could ruin the man's career, relationships and life. He is well entitled to take stress leave if he needs it. And so are you. You take care of yourself and let that individual take care of himself.

Advertisement