Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L200 (2007 new shape) head gasket issue

Options
  • 24-10-2017 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭

So back in August my 2007 L200 bust a small water pipe going to turbo. (I think that’s what my dad said it was) he is a mechcanic and did the work and talked to local Mitsubishi dealer who he gets on well with. Genuine part out in.

So 2 weeks ago it over heated again.
    Dad was going to do the work and again talked to the local dealer and they said to get the head pressure tested. Dad now can’t do the work due to family illness and has asked a lad to do the work.

So she over heated but I didn’t boil her. Like the light didn’t come on. But got hot all the same. It again blew water out the overflow on the expansion bottle and the whole system is pressuring up

So plan is head off, get it pressure tested and skimmed with a lad in Enfield Co. Meath. Going to put a new timing belt kit on also as just 160km on it.

Reading another forum and seems there was a recall on radiator caps in uk on 2011/2012 vehicles.

All insights and help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Picked up the head this evening and dropped it to the lad to rebuild.

Putting new timing belt on it at the same time and full service. Into near 1k already and mechanics bill to come yet.

Advertisement