Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thistlebond

Options
  • 24-10-2017 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Have stripped wallpaper of my sitting room walls. Can I put thistlebond on the wall before I get them skimcoated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

you could if you are worried about it sticking. but I would first make sure that you have all the adhesive off the wall
    wet your hand and rub the wall and see if it is slimy

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭celiam

you could if you are worried about it sticking. but I would first make sure that you have all the adhesive off the wall
    wet your hand and rub the wall and see if it is slimy

why would wallpaper adhesive remaining on the wall affect skimming the wall over thistlebond. btw thanks for replying to my query

adhesive is water based like pva etc. if it is between the wall and the skim or thistle bond then all is holding on the skim is bad glue.
    if any dampness gets in between the two layers it will dissolve the glue and break the bond.

I definitely wouldn't take the risk

adhesive is water based like pva etc. if it is between the wall and the skim or thistle bond then all is holding on the skim is bad glue.
    if any dampness gets in between the two layers it will dissolve the glue and break the bond.

I definitely wouldn't take the risk

Finding it almost impossible to get all the wallpaper paste of,any suggestions

I would guess. warm water and a good sponge with a roughish side

• Advertisement

thanks pen turner for replying

Advertisement