Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC 10 dying?

Options
  • 24-10-2017 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

I have had a HTC 10 for the last 16 months or so. currently running android 7.0 (Nougat, I believe), on the 3 network in Ireland.

Over the last few weeks, I've noticed three issues with the phone that limit the ability to use it.

* The phone, when not in airplane mode, will last about 2 hours. Normally using Reddit/FB/Feedly/Gmail, and Bluetooth earphones. In airplane mode, it will last about 5-6 hours.

* If I use the camera, it lasts about 1 hour, or 2 hours in airplane mode.

* It keeps dropping both WiFi and mobile internet, even when close to WiFi router/with full signal strength. When trying to reconnect, it will drop about 10% in the space of 3/4 minutes?

* The phone will randomly shut off at various times, and then go into a series of attempts to start up again. Battery will drop from anything from 10% - 50% to 1% before the phone switches itself back on.

I've cleared apps from my phone, cleared the junk using Boost, and shut down apps that are not in use. Can anybody suggest anything else I can do to bring the battery life up to something more suitable, or is the phone on its deathbed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I'd try a factory reset. It's a little annoying but it's probably the next logical move.

As recommended above, try a factory reset. The Nougat update on the 10 wasn't very good, but they will be pushing Oreo to it, so hopefully that will improve it. Regardless, you're still well within warranty if it is an issue with the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

That sounds like more than a software issue.
    But to be sure, do all the usual stuff.
    As suggested above, a factory reset will kill any rogue apps, along with everything else. You could try install an app to monitor your battery and see what apps are using up the battery, but you might have to be rooted for that.
    But if a factory reset doesn't fix it, then there's defo something up with the hardware.

I got my 10 at launch and I still get a solid day, if not a day and a half. I've 42% now (took off charge last night at 80%) and that'll last me all day. If I don't charge it before bed then it would typically do me until this time tomorrow, i'd guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

You could try cleaning out the charging port with a small toothpick. Sometimes dust or dirt can cause crazy behaviour of the phone like this. Compressed air doesn't always remove it.
    It could even be the charging pins have gotten ever so slightly bent.
    There was also a bootup sequence to reset the battery stats with the m8 so the 10 could have similar

• Advertisement
Advertisement