Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel Panther - Dublin & Belfast 2018

Options
  • 24-10-2017 10:25am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭

22687951_10155696035586768_8688564622630075982_n.jpg?oh=0ebd075a8ef16ce979d2b153c1281ae8&oe=5A677E67

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

• Registered Users Posts: 19,593 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Oh my. Steel Panther. In The Academy.

How the hell do I get a code to get early tickets??

Something to do with official fan club which is minimum $40 a year

Cant for the life of me find a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭deviladvocate

Yeah no luck with a presale code.. anyone got any info? Presale is almost over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

No problem grabbing two tickets there

Me neither, apart from Ticketmasters sh*tty website crashing 4 times trying to buy!

xpletiv wrote: »
    Me neither, apart from Ticketmasters sh*tty website crashing 4 times trying to buy!

Same here, but I got them in the end.

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Site kept crashing (Flight of the Conchords I guess) was terrified of buying more than one set of tickets.
    Glad it wasn't just me going through that confusion.

But yay! Should be some show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'm going to a paaaarttty!!

• Advertisement

I'm going to a paaaarttty!!

Like tomorrow is the end of the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭donegal_man

No problem getting Belfast tickets. Should be a mighty show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Grabbed tickets easily enough - really looking forward to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Picked up 4 as soon as they went on sale at 10, looks to be sold out now? Saw them in London last year, absolutely amazing show. That was in Wembley arena, seeing them somewhere about 20 times smaller will be awesome.

Picked up 4 as soon as they went on sale at 10, looks to be sold out now? Saw them in London last year, absolutely amazing show. That was in Wembley arena, seeing them somewhere about 20 times smaller will be awesome.

Can't believe they're playing such a small place. Saw The Darkness there the other week, it's one of my favourite venues. Everywhere is close to the stage. This is gonna rule.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Delighted i got up to get tickets for this:) Was thinking they might move it to the olympia due to demand but the Kooks are on that night.

Saw them there when they did it with Skindred was whopper.

Was right on this got 2 after TM being stubborn.

Delighted i got up to get tickets for this:) Was thinking they might move it to the olympia due to demand but the Kooks are on that night.

Heh, I actually checked that myself too. Vicar Street is free that night though, could see it being moved there. I'd prefer the Academy but Vicar Street is a decent enough venue too.

Is vicar street bigger than academy??

Considerably. I'd say it's about twice the capacity.

• Advertisement

Vicar St mostly runs Aiken promoted acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

xpletiv wrote: »
    Is vicar street bigger than academy??
    Academy 850, Vicar st is 1500 with standing setup downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Midlife crisis man

Lucky sods. I was online at half 10 and couldn't get tickets for Steel Panther or Flight of the Conchords.

Half an hour later Flight of the Conchords tickets were on Seatwave for €200. Joke

Yea it wont be moved to Vicar St since its an Aiken Venue and The Academy is MCD

Yea it wont be moved to Vicar St since its an Aiken Venue and The Academy is MCD

Thanks be to Jesus for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

850 capacity is a bit of a joke for a band that are relatively big.

Gutted I didn't get a ticket.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    850 capacity is a bit of a joke for a band that are relatively big.

Gutted I didn't get a ticket.

Relatively big acts of the genre quite often don't sell out that venue tbf albeit acts who have toured here more regularly. Seems not bothering with us for years and triggering a show has been a worthwhile exercise just like Alter Bridge selling out 4 shows this calendar year too.

Whereas Black Stone Cherry played here last with tickets like 20 quid in the Academy and you could still get tickets on the night a head scratcher.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Volbeat are another one, selling out Arena's around Europe, they've only played here once (Academy in 2011)

I had no money last week, so I'm disappointed to miss out, but with them being in high demand I'd say they'll be back here within a year or two.

Volbeat are another one, selling out Arena's around Europe, they've only played here once (Academy in 2011)

I had no money last week, so I'm disappointed to miss out, but with them being in high demand I'd say they'll be back here within a year or two.

Volbeat played Academy 2 also before that & Belfast a few times including supporting Metallica. Wouldn't be mad about them but not just arenas they playing stadiums even.

• Advertisement

As said that was the only venue available for MCD since the Olympia was already booked out. Plus as people said its their first gig here and it could have gone either way at least they know the next time they will be here it will be in the Olympia (again if its available).

Yea its weird for acts like Black Stone Cherry who cant even sell out The Academy although there gig in Whelans few years ago was unreal.

Advertisement