Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a private physio to help an inpatient in hospital?

Options
  • 23-10-2017 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

I have a relation who has had a bad accident recently and is an inpatient in hospital. He gets physio every weekday but none on weekends and is finding is holding him back as he can't get out of bed at all at weekends.
    Can I hire a private physio to go into him on weekends and run through basic exercises or get him upright for a few mins or would that be against some policy somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I have a relation who has had a bad accident recently and is an inpatient in hospital. He gets physio every weekday but none on weekends and is finding is holding him back as he can't get out of bed at all at weekends.
    Can I hire a private physio to go into him on weekends and run through basic exercises or get him upright for a few mins or would that be against some policy somewhere?

I’d say this is a no no for a few reasons, including insurance, but it’s worth discussing with the inpatient physics treating your relative.

Advertisement