Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child's and Adult Bicycle stolen in Fernleigh, D15

Options
  • 23-10-2017 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

HI Guys,

I just wanted to let people know there are bike thieves about, and to ask people to keep an eye out for two bicycles stolen on Friday night. I had bought my 6yr old daughter a new bike for her birthday about 10 days ago. The bike was a purple 7 speed carerra saruna 20". My daughter is obviously very upset. My bike was also taken, a grey/champagne Trek Soho which has/had a bag rack and child seat clamp attached. Bikes were lifted over a locked side gate during the night.

A regular reader on boards but not a regular poster, so will ask a mod if they can post a link to pictures/twitter feed.

So please beware, and if you notice anything like these bikes around please let me know.

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BackInTown

Now have enough posts for media! here are the pictures of bikes, thanks for having a look:

431347.jpg

431346.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

That's awful, your poor daughter (and you of course). It might be worth posting in the Stolen Bikes thread in the Cycling forum as well, maybe moreso for your own bike: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056226324

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭AlanG

Sorry to hear that, will keep an look out. You should keep and eye on adverts and donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BackInTown

Hi Miamee, yes I posted it there too - thanks for thinking of it. I have it on twitter with stolenbikesdub too. AlanG I am keeping an eye on the second hand sites too. Can't get over how there are sellers who have sold 20-30 bikes... all "second hand". Surely a few garda stings would help eliminate some of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Were the bikes themselves locked. Where they locked to anything. Do you have the serial no's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement