Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter is Coming - Seasonal Phobias

• 23-10-2017 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭

With Autumn well and truly here and winter just around the corner I was wondering about phobias and anxieties that are specifically triggered by this time of year.
    I though it might be a good idea to start this thread so that we chat about them and offer a bit of mutual support and advice.

Here's just three that came to mind

Arachnophobia
    A fear of spiders. Autumn brings them out in big numbers, spinning webs in the garden and heading into the house for shelter from the cold. It's a tough time of year for arachnaphobes.

Cryophobia or Sychrophobia
    A fear of cold, ice or frost is one I have come across. I'm not the most sure-footed person on ice so I do avoid walking on it wherever possible. In my case its not a true phobia however, I do know someone who will not venture outside if there's even a suggestion of frost. Its very isolating.

Neoannophobia
    or fear of the new year is characterised by feeling increasingly anxious as the year draws to a close. Instead of looking forward to the new year with hope and optimisim, associated with fear and anxiety.Neoannophobes feel most at ease during spring and summer months then anxiety starts to ramp up during the autumn and increase as the new year approaches.

Advertisement