Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hall Color Scheme

Options
  • 23-10-2017 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi

I'm going to be decorating the hall (3-bed semi)and fitting new carpet

At the moment I'm thinking of blue carpet,grey walls and some nice green and yellow on the doors and skirting/architrave downstairs, white on the stairs/spindles.

Any comments on this or other suggestions would be welcome,I couldn't find much online?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Candlemania

Hi,

Can you be a little bit more specific? Do you have the actual names/ codes of the colours and the brand of paint, so I can look them up?
    Whithout this information, it's really hard to say wheather it's going to work or not... Like what kind of blue? Baby blue, powdery blue (baby blue with a hint of grey), royal blue, navy blue?

And what do you mean by saying "some nice green and yellow on the doors and skirting/architrave"? Do you want to paint the doors green and yellow? Or only green/ only yellow? Same with the skirtings and architraves - are they going to be green or yellow or both??

To me there's too much going on in this colour scheme already, but I'll let you describe it better first, because maybe there's something I don't understand here... :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Hi

I haven't decided on the scheme yet or exact Colors

I saw doors and skirting painted Colors recently and I thought it was a nice change from white

Do you know any resource for looking at ready- made color schemes online, I wouldn't know.where to start picking colors myself

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Candlemania

Try Houzz.ie or Pinterest, they're my top two resources for interiors. Other than that I just google a phrase, like for example "green door yellow skirtings" and go to the "Images" bookmark in Google (just below the search box) and see what shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

We only ever go through a hall, rather than live in it but it still should be bright and inviting.

You've a lot of colours listed in your post, it could look very busy and potentially dark and enclosing.
    A lot depends on colour shading and the size of the hall.

I think the most important colour to get right is the carpet colour, ( if you really really want carpet in a hall?)
    It's easy to reapply paint if you're not happy with it but changing carpet isn't as easy.
    I'd recommend taking the carpet sample into a stand alone paint shop and ask for their advice regarding paint colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Sausage dog

Some paint shops offer free consultation with interior designer so I'd bring the carpet sample with you & get their advice, then buy a sample pot or similar & test that shade in your hall to see what it's like in the light there .

• Advertisement
Advertisement