Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Views on 'god'!

Options
  • 23-10-2017 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭

I have for years had a strong dislike for god, yes I believe in the cu*t but to me personally he is a vile vermin scumbag cowardly cu*t.

I don't go to mass or pray ever and have not for years. I don't believe in any of that bullshít. I cringe when I hear people talk about god or mass and other crap like that.

Yes I believe in the cu*t but that doesn't mean I like the cu*t, which is what he is and if there was better words in the English language to explain that which I don't know I would use them.

So I was just wondering what is your views on the cu*t?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Edgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

If you believe in god, one wonders why you put your query on an atheists forum (atheists being people who don't believe in god, you see).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

pauldla wrote: »
    If you believe in god, one wonders why you put your query on an atheists forum (atheists being people who don't believe in god, you see).

Maybe he needs to post in the "strong dislike" forum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

pauldla wrote: »

This, don't believe in a god or gods. As per Stephen Fry's interview with Gay Byrne, the god put forward by Christianity does seem like a pretty hateful figure in many respects. I also find many aspects of Christian morality archaic and inappropriate for the world in which we live, and find Christians trying to foist their archaic belief system on others to be pernicious, but that's a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I believe that if you do believe in one unique god then grammatically you should capitalise the word. Since I don't though, I couldn't give a toss.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

ectoraige wrote: »
    I believe that if you do believe in one unique god then grammatically you should capitalise the word. Since I don't though, I couldn't give a toss.

Mightn't be his or her proper name though, could be something bizarre like Allah or whatnot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I equally believe he is a ***** as well. A non-existent ***** but a **** nonetheless. A fictious ***** that has created unquestionably an unsurpassable amount of hatred, equality issues, sexism and has brought death and wars and made dumb people rich against even dumber people.
    So f*ck him and anything he represents.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

I have for years had a strong dislike for god, yes I believe in the cu*t but to me personally he is a vile vermin scumbag cowardly cu*t.

You believe in made up ****? Poor dude :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Mod: this discussion isn't really going anywhere. If there is an arguable point it is blurred by the need for so many asterisks. OP, in your rush to be edgy, as has been pointed out, you are missing the fact that this is the atheist forum, we don't have views on 'god', only views on others' belief in god and the object of their belief.

If you would like to rephrase your question into more coherent language, OP, you may get a discussion; however you might do better in a forum where belief in god is a given, and the discussion can get on with analysing his/its nature.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement