Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IAA PPL EXAMS

Options
  • 22-10-2017 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys

I am sitting my EASA PPL exams at the end of November
    under the IAA with the new computer based exams - LPLUS PEXO

Just seeking any feedback on anyone’s experiences.

Also if anyone can offer final preparatory tips / advices for me before sitting them.

Many thanks,

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 burstappendix

Keen to know too what the new exams are like. I did the PPL exams in 2010 but didn't get to do my flight test so am hoping to do them again end of Nov. There is a sample exam paper on the IAA ppl site though that looks similar to the type of questions they asked before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 directmaxev

Keen to know too what the new exams are like. I did the PPL exams in 2010 but didn't get to do my flight test so am hoping to do them again end of Nov. There is a sample exam paper on the IAA ppl site though that looks similar to the type of questions they asked before.

Hi

The process I am following is the Pooleys Air Pilots Manuals. Alongside those manuals I have the Pooleys EASA Questions, Answers and Explanations to accompany the Air Pilots Manuals. I believe they are representative of the current styling of questions.

Also an app I hear brings good value is an iOS app, PPL tutor. I have this also and it’s handy for further questions etc and it also provides a revision for each section.

Are you enrolled in any training facility for the mandatory ground school that must be covered now as part of the EASA PPL requirement. It may only be fulfilled by a registered training facility. No going at it alone anymore.

Hope this helps.

John

Hi

The process I am following is the Pooleys Air Pilots Manuals. Alongside those manuals I have the Pooleys EASA Questions, Answers and Explanations to accompany the Air Pilots Manuals. I believe they are representative of the current styling of questions.

Also an app I hear brings good value is an iOS app, PPL tutor. I have this also and it’s handy for further questions etc and it also provides a revision for each section.

Are you enrolled in any training facility for the mandatory ground school that must be covered now as part of the EASA PPL requirement. It may only be fulfilled by a registered training facility. No going at it alone anymore.

Hope this helps.

John

Hi,

I have the Oxford Aviation training set of books from a few years ago but don't think there are many changes (hopefully 😨). I'm flying at Weston with the NFC but can't sit in on the ground school again as there aren't enough students to run it before these next exams. But I have about 50-60 hours study done from previously and can make up the 100hrs needed with online study.

Not feeling quite up to speed at the moment especially as the exams are only 3 weeks away now. That app sounds worth a look though.

I had heard that as the exams are over 2 days you can choose to do just some now and do the others at a later date but I don't know which subjects are on which days.

I remember from the last time that the questions didn't seem to be checking whether you knew the answers but rather trying to confuse and catch you out. Hope they've changed that ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Seanmul89

Hi,
    I'm in the same position, I completed the groundschool last year, but didn't finish the hours needed through moodle(online) but I think in the nfc if you pay €50 you can get the username again to log in and continue the study.

I'm looking to sit the exams in January, do I have to go through the NFC to book them?
    I've used the pad pilot ppl theory and 1 or 2 books I purchased from the flightstore, cats ppl key facts and ppl perfector question book. I'm going back over my revision and questions but some of it I still blank from 🙈.

Any more updates on this post :) ?

Yes I think you have to go through a flying school to do the exams. Better talk to the NFC. They make you do mock exams before they let you do the real thing. You have to pay ( €20 per paper) and pass each paper with 85% marks!!! This is compulsory.

You can now split the exams up rather than doing them all together. I'm not up to speed with Law and Airplane technical so I'm doing half the exams the end of Nov and doing the rest in January.

• Advertisement
Advertisement