Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone X Where to buy ??

Options
  • 22-10-2017 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

So I'm thinking of ordering the new Iphone x online from apple on Friday when its release for pre order, but Im just wondering will it be available from Meteor (Eir) or Carphone warehouse and if so when ? Also Will it be the same price as apple €1179. I bought the 5s the day it was released from meteor and if i remember it was about 100 less wondering will that still be the case ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

THere's already a thread here about the X so probably best to ask there.

However, availability of this phone is going to be very low so the chances of the networks having many handsets is quite slim.

I don't think networks every sell it cheaper than Apple either.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Networks will occasionally sell iphones on PAYG for maximum €20 less than apple and these handsets will then be locked to that network. In my opinion the best place to buy an iphone outright is from Apple themselves, that way there is no hassles if you need a warranty claim and also Apple are great for quoting consumer law to people who have issues with handsets after the initial 12 month warranty where the phone was purchased through an operator, so when you buy directly from them, they don't tend to put up to much resistance when consumer law and small claims is quoted. Personally I know of two people that have had replacement phones from Apple where they quoted consumer law after phones developed problems up to two years after purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭JonMac

Buy from Apple - I had a phone replaced 3 years after I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Networks will occasionally sell iphones on PAYG for maximum €20 less than apple and these handsets will then be locked to that network. In my opinion the best place to buy an iphone outright is from Apple themselves, that way there is no hassles if you need a warranty claim and also Apple are great for quoting consumer law to people who have issues with handsets after the initial 12 month warranty where the phone was purchased through an operator, so when you buy directly from them, they don't tend to put up to much resistance when consumer law and small claims is quoted. Personally I know of two people that have had replacement phones from Apple where they quoted consumer law after phones developed problems up to two years after purchase.

Yup.
    The only phone I bought direct from Apple was the 5.
    It was well over 18 months old when the battery started dying on its arse. I called their support line and was expecting to be told "tough luck" and have to cough up a fair chunk of change to get it fixed. Instead, they actually insisted I was entitled to a new (refurb) unit due to "EU consumer law".

I've definitely had more resistance from them when I'd bought the phone via an operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

JonMac wrote: »
    Buy from Apple - I had a phone replaced 3 years after I bought it.

How? I thought they had a 1 year warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

quarryman wrote: »
    How? I thought they had a 1 year warranty.

Sale of goods act you can seek redress up to 6 years from date of purchase.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭JonMac

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Sale of goods act you can seek redress up to 6 years from date of purchase.

Exactly. Initially the rep told me I'd have to pay for the repair; when I mentioned the Irish sale of goods act, he put me through to a higher level who immediately ordered a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

With Consumer law - you have to say " I want to claim through consumer Law in Ireland"

Eu is 2 years
    Ireland is 6 years
    England is 6 years

Apple don't offer consumer law to you, they don't have to ( Unless you have a very nice rep on the phone ) - You must bring consumer law claim to them

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

flexcon wrote: »
    With Consumer law - you have to say " I want to claim through consumer Law in Ireland"

Eu is 1 years
    Ireland is 6 years
    England is 6 years

Apple don't offer consumer law to you, they don't have to ( Unless you have a very nice rep on the phone ) - You must bring consumer law claim to them

Sorry, not to hijack this thread, but does this apply to televisions also? I bought an LG TV 1.5 years ago cost about 800, then a week ago it went pop, and that was it LG want to charge 90GBP to look at it plus repairs and costs.

Kurn wrote: »
    Sorry, not to hijack this thread, but does this apply to televisions also? I bought an LG TV 1.5 years ago cost about 800, then a week ago it went pop, and that was it LG want to charge 90GBP to look at it plus repairs and costs.

Yes it applies to all electronics. Did you buy it from a website or a retail store in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Kurn wrote: »
    Absolutely. Back to your Powercity or wherever you purchased quoting Sales of Goods Act as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

flexcon wrote: »

Eu is 1 years
    Ireland is 6 years
    England is 6 years

EU is 2

Doylers wrote: »
    EU is 2

You're right. That was a typo. Updated

Advertisement