Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile site not opening "full version"

Options
  • 22-10-2017 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,851 ✭✭✭✭

When I use m.boards.ie and click on "full version" it does not open the main site. It has always opened up until now.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Joeytheparrot, we're slowly moving to HTTPS across all versions of the site and it seems that this is an unfortunate bug that's cropped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,851 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ok

Are you going to look at fixing the bug? Or this another case of "cant/wont do anything cause its the m site"?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Boards.ie Employee

For now, I'm afraid it won't be looked at because the issue requires further investigation - i.e. if a particular file is modified, how great an impact will it have, what might fall over, etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,049 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

When I click "full version" link at the end of a m.boards.ie page it just takes me to m.boards.ie instead of the touch or full site.

Android and IOs having this issue for me

Boards.ie Employee

Hi Ghost Train, I've merged your thread into this existing query. Hopefully the above clears things up a little.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

it probably wont work currently because m.boards is HTTPS but the link is trying to launch a HTTP connection from the same session which is dropping the security level for the same session to the same entity.

when the default connection for boards.ie is https this may resolve itself.

(just a guess).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,851 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

For now, I'm afraid it won't be looked at because the issue requires further investigation - i.e. if a particular file is modified, how great an impact will it have, what might fall over, etc.?

Thanks

Very disappointing response as it makes moderation from phones much more difficult.

Terry Pratchet

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement