Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renew temporary permission - De facto EUTR application

Options
  • 22-10-2017 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am a non-EU and my partner is from EU and is living in Dublin, Ireland for past 10 years. Earlier in March 2017, I had applied to EUTR unit for resident card. They issued me a permission letter a week after I submitted my application. I took that permission letter to the registration office to obtain my temporary permission (GNIB -Stamp 4) to stay and work in Ireland.

It usually takes around 10 months for the EUTR unit to process Resident card applications these days. However, now (end of Oct, 2017) my temporary permission will expire in a month, sometime early December, 2017. My emails to EUTR unit fetched me an AUTOMATED email response saying I should go to local registration office to renew my GNIB card after making an appointment. And it is up to to the local immigration officer to renew my temporary stay.

However, I am unsure about

1) What documents should I carry to the registration office in Dublin?
    2) Will they even receive me at the registration office without an updated permission letter?
    3) Should I bring my partner to the registration office?

Also, an email to registration office fetched me another automated email response which was not really helpful. Appointment these days are very hard to get, and I do not want to waste it on misinformation or lack of documents. Also, I may not get another appointment before my GNIB expires. Finally, I will also lose my job if the temporary permission is denied.

Please help. Any advice is appreciated.

Advertisement