Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

college courses and Irish

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Department won't really be that bothered to be honest, but your school's insurers will want to know what you are doing at those times, where you are and who is supervising you.

**edit. Sorry I remember now. You are going to the Instiutute? I would say they do not have the same insurance cover as a school, but check anyway, if you were to get (say) a smack of a car when your timetable says you are in Irish - are they covered?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭shenno

spurious wrote: »
    The Department won't really be that bothered to be honest, but your school's insurers will want to know what you are doing at those times, where you are and who is supervising you.

Thanks.

When I asked my principal a while back he said to ask him again at Halloween and if I still want to drop it I can. But I had a feeling that when I asked him he was not really listening to me as he was busy with something else.

I do not have to tell the department of education?

Do you know if I need Irish for them courses I linked ?

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

shenno wrote: »
    Thanks.

When I asked my principal a while back he said to ask him again at Halloween and if I still want to drop it I can. But I had a feeling that when I asked him he was not really listening to me as he was busy with something else.

I do not have to tell the department of education?

Do you know if I need Irish for them courses I linked ?

Thanks

From the basic entry requirements which seem to be the same on all those courses, no, you don't need Irish, but you will need your passes in Maths and English. Of course to get the points you will probably need much higher than an O6.

I'm not aware of any requirement to tell the Department (and if there was, it would be the Institute would have to explain it, not you), but don't go in for your oral or you will get a mark for Irish on your results sheet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭shenno

spurious wrote: »
    From the basic entry requirements which seem to be the same on all those courses, no, you don't need Irish, but you will need your passes in Maths and English. Of course to get the points you will probably need much higher than an O6.

I'm not aware of any requirement to tell the Department (and if there was, it would be the Institute would have to explain it, not you), but don't go in for your oral or you will get a mark for Irish on your results sheet.

Thank for your help.

Advertisement