Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gordon Ramsay on Cocaine

Options
  • 21-10-2017 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, the title is deliberately ambiguous ... first episode was on last night, to be repeated on TV3, 12:05am on 25/10 on TV3.

I quite enjoyed this - starting with Gordon testing the staff toilets in one of his own restaurants for cocaine, going on raids with the UK police, and heading in to the depth of the Columbian jungle to watch the process of making cocaine from the leaves (involving cement, battery acid and bicarb). Like he says at one point - a good chef has to go back to the source ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Didn't watch it, but looks really interesting. I wonder will we ever legalise it and other drugs, our current approach is a failure?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I really enjoyed it, for him it's very close to the bone, his brother is a heroin addict and he lost one of his chefs also. It's scary to see how common and easily available it is. The Albanians getting caught with the bags of cash shows how much is being made from it. Don't think the battle will ever be won.

I really enjoyed it, for him it's very close to the bone, his brother is a heroin addict and he lost one of his chefs also. It's scary to see how common and easily available it is. The Albanians getting caught with the bags of cash shows how much is being made from it. Don't think the battle will ever be won.

An unwinable war, are we just wasting time, money and resources fighting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I bet Gordon's already asked his lawyers whether he can legally order drug tests on all his staff. Even if he can't, I imagine he'll be lose a few staff, just from seeing how annoyed he was at what he found. Then the stuff that we see while he's tagging along with the police on a random day was disturbing - not cherry-picked or hyped up, just normal days of police work. To be on cocaine while driving to pick up your kids from school ... really?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

bnt wrote: »
    I bet Gordon's already asked his lawyers whether he can legally order drug tests on all his staff. Even if he can't, I imagine he'll be lose a few staff, just from seeing how annoyed he was at what he found. Then the stuff that we see while he's tagging along with the police on a random day was disturbing - not cherry-picked or hyped up, just normal days of police work. To be on cocaine while driving to pick up your kids from school ... really?

id say you d be surprised of the types of people and the amount that regularly use cocaine. it looks like a dreadful addiction

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

It's the big money drug I mean every line is maybe 10% or less cocaine and the rest is bulking agent crazy the profit to be made on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Watched the second part of this today - prety good, escpecially the scenes in Honduras - and tonight the DM is reporting that nine sailors on board a UK nuclear submarine have tested positive for cocaine, amid other scandals. When Gordon says the stuff is everywhere, he's `not exaggerating by much ... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I don't know if legalisation is a viable option. The cartels certainly wouldn't take it lying down.

Advertisement